Benefits of RED STAR® Nutritional Yeast
- Quality Digestible Protein, with No Cholesterol
Protein is essential for the maintenance and growth of muscle. In addition to lending strength, muscle is also important for bone density and equilibrium.
- B-complex Vitamins
The B vitamins participate in energy production and support the health of the nervous system. They are depleted during times of stress.
Minerals facilitate chemical responses throughout the body. Nutritional yeast naturally contains macro-minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous, as well as micro-minerals, such as zinc, copper, molybdenum, iron, selenium and manganese.
- Dietary Fiber from Mannan, Beta-glucan and Trehalose
Dietary fiber provides the needed bulk to move waste through the intestines. While the daily value for fiber is 25 grams, most Americans do not consume this amount through the diet.
Glutathione is the body’s most important antioxidant. It is found within every cell, where it neutralizes free radicals, supports detoxification and strengthens immunity.
Lecithin is a healthy fat that acts as a building block of cell membranes. It is an excellent source of choline and inositol, B vitamin-like compounds that are involved in the body’s transport of fats and that support nervous system function.
Flavorful and Versatile
RED STAR VSF Yeast Flakes™ have a rich, roasted nutty flavor that some people compare to parmesan cheese.
RED STAR VSF Yeast Flakes™ have many uses:
- Sprinkle on toast, steamed vegetables, popcorn or any of your favorite foods to enhance their flavor
- Use as a base for dips and dressings
- Make it the secret ingredient in your soups, sauces and baked foods
- Toss a tablespoon or two into your morning smoothie for a nutritional boost
RED STAR Nutritional Yeast is as delicious as it is nutritious!